History of UnixWorx Systems
Our history dates back to 1994 when founder and author, Glenn Graham decided to turn his passion for computers into a full time business. Soon after, a small company was formed that became Vancouver's first Linux Consultancy and later, a leading provider of Online consulting & Web Services.
- 1994: The original company, Unixworx Systems was established in July of 1994, by Graham and his team, working with the newly found Internet and the Open Source Linux Project. Over the past 20 years, our realities have been built on a quest for information, education and knowledge.
- 1998: As the internet evolved, so did the demand for systems administrators. as our practice also expanded. Eventually, several more members were added to our team including one of our own, who immigrated to Vancouver from Maine, USA.
- 1999-2005 Over time, one small project led to another, until we found ourselves adapting to nearly every flavor of Unix including but not limited to Solaris, FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD, Linux Redhat (Now CentoS), Linux Slackware as well as SCO Unix. It was also around this time, in 2002, Graham was invited as a writer for O'Reilly Publishing in California.
- 2005-2015 Due to the ever-changing nature of the industry, our business model evolved to support the landscape of Information Security and Mobile Computing Devices, including support for the Android Operating System.
- 2015 and the future Today we sport World-Class Facilities situated in the heart of San Jose, providing Best of Breed, Professional Services with a focus on Information Security, Server Deployment, Collocation and Mobile Applications Development.